NATURAL HAIR CARE IS BASIC BUT HAS IT’S CHALLENGES!
There are so many products out there on the market these days that promise you long thick luscious locks.
There are many miracle conditioners and shampoos but one thing I notice is most of them are full of nasty chemicals, animal products and are even tested on animals to see if they are ok to use on us humans…….
This makes me wonder…..how did it ever become such a massive industry and one that also involves cruelty to animals and lets not forget intoxicating us? How did a bottle of chemicals for our hair become such a complicated thing to chose or even gain our trust? But do we really trust it? No…..
WHY DO WE NOT QUITE TRUST THE PRODUCT?…..it could have something to do to with what is in it and how it is made and tested. Maybe energetically your body is telling you NOT to put it on you!
OK, so when people are doing my online 21 day detox program the question comes up……”What do I wash my hair with whilst detoxing?” and then the question becomes “what can I use for my hair forever, that is natural and good for my hair health?”
THIS IS ONE THE TRICKIEST QUESTIONS I GET ASKED! TRUE!
Everyone has such different hair types and conditions. Some are dryer than others and some are thicker and thinner and the list goes on with the differences. The biggest things that affects the condition of hair is the CONDITION OF OUR DIET…….
To have the healthiest version of your hair by using natural hair care methods, you must eat a high nutrient diet, have lots of good omega 3 and 6 fats and plant based oils, vitamin c to help your body absorb protein, vitamin e, silica and plant based protein in your diet. So to start your hair healing journey from the inside you can try the following tips.
NATURAL HAIR CARE FROM THE INSIDE
- Eat avocado regularly.
- Have a teaspoon of organic cold pressed coconut oil daily.
- Have olive, hemp, flaxseed or nut oils at least twice a week.
- Eat plenty of greens daily.
- Eat plenty of seeds especially sunflower.
- Drink at least 3 litres of water per day
- Eat plenty of potato with skins on, red peppers and cucumbers.
- Eat fruits like mango, banana, oranges and apricots.
- Drink a juice made of alfalfa and fresh spinach or coriander daily, for fast hair growth.
OK! OK! I know I am still not answering the golden question!!
HOW DO YOU WASH AND CONDITION YOUR HAIR NATURALLY?
Sorry I had to firstly educate you on how you can help your hair from the inside because without doing those steps you will never have the healthy hair that you are dreaming of no matter what product you use on your hair. So please be sure to start doing these steps listed above and the next steps will add to your natural hair care regime.
So here we go!
NATURAL HAIR CARE FROM THE OUTSIDE
Firstly I am going to share with you the ‘at home’ easy natural hair care tips and then I will share with you some of the ‘off the shelf’ options that I have tried or have heard are good. Nothing beats the super natural hair care made at home though….if you can make the time!
- TO WASH
- Apply a cup of apple cider vinegar and sage tea mixture to hair, then rinse OR
- Mix a quarter or coconut milk, 1/4 cup of castille soap, 15 drops of your favourite essential oil out of rosemary, orange, peppermint or lavender. Apply needed amount (usually about a tablespoon) and rinse. Store the rest in an airtight jar.
- Mix 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, apply amount needed and store the rest.
- Mix 1/2 cup bicarb soda with enough water to make a paste, wash hair and rinse.
- Natural lemon juice with sage tea.
- TO CONDITION
- Massage Aloe vera onto scalp and hair and rinse OR
- Massage flaxseed oil into hair and scalp and rinse.
- Make a pot of hot olive oil, honey, and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply to hair before shower, then rinse.
- Mix in a glass or steel bowl 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp aloe vera gel, 1 cup coconut milk, 1tbsp olive oil. Mix well and apply.
- TIP FOR BETTER RESULTS – With natural remedies it can take time for your hair to adjust to the new ingredients that are offered to it for silkiness. Be patient and try leaving the conditioners on much longer for a deep treatment result.
NATURAL HAIR CARE PRODUCTS OFF THE SHELF
We all get busy and sometimes do not have the time to make our own shampoo and conditioner! So here is a short list of some products I have either tried or have heard are good, safe and animal friendly!
- ‘ARGAN’ OIL SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER made by Maple Holistics found online and in some health stores. There are other ‘Argan Oil’ products out there too. Check the packaging.
- DR BRONNER PRODUCTS found online and health stores.
- SUKIN PRODUCTS found in big chemists, online and health stores.
- MY ESSENCE PRODUCTS found online and in health stores.
There are most likely a number of other very good natural and cruelty free products out there but these are the ones I actually know have been good for me or for another person that I know!
To buy natural hair products is expensive, but if you eat and drink the foods I have listed to heal your hair/scalp from the inside you will need to use less product and your hair may flourish within a few months!
Enjoy trying out some home made natural hair care recipes and support your body, the environment and animals by buying one of the above products if you would prefer to buy them.
I would love some feedback on how you find the recipes and also the products, so please comment below this blog for others to see! Remembering that your hair may take a little while to adjust to not having chemicals to trick it into feeling soft and clean!
Much love and luscious locks